DETAILS OF COURSES BC-301
BUSINESS STATISTICS & MATHEMATICS
- Definition, Application in Business and Commerce.
- Classification and Tabulation.
- Statistical Enquiries, Diagrams and Graphs.
- Measures of Central Values.
- Measures of Dispersion.
- Simple Correlation and Regression, Lines of Regression. Method of least square and curve fitting with application to Business.
- Index Numbers
- Kinds of index numbers with special emphasis to consumer price index numbers.
- Set theory
- Laws of Probability
- Conditional probability,
- Independent and Dependent events;
- Application in Business
Solution of simultaneous equation.
Solution of quadratic equation,
sequence Series and Progression;
Arithmetic & Geometric and their application in Business.
Addition, Subtraction and Multiplication of Matrices,
Expansion of Determinants,
Inverse of a matrix,
Use of matrix in the solution of system of linear equations,
Mathematics for Finance,
simple and compound interest and annuities